POINTS OF INTEREST (POIs)
A point of interest is a specific location that the user finds interesting or useful to store in the system to consult it later. The points of interest are associated with the user account, therefore no other user of Xirio can consult them at any time. They consist of a pair of coordinates (longitude and latitude), a name and description.
CREATE A POINT OF INTEREST
To create a point of interest, select on the toolbar. This opens a dialog where you can set the point of interest before it is rendered on the viewer. Besides the name, you can attach a brief description.
Selecting it opens a dialogue that lets you manage all the points of interest in a fast and easy way.
To filter POIs, there is a geographical filter that allows the user to select an area to search for POIs, for which the four corners of the square or rectangle have to be defined.
Once the user clicks the "Search" button, a combined filter will be made with all the options selected by the user. In the event that there is no entry that meets all the selected characteristics, the lower list will be empty.
Once the POIs have been filtered, the following actions can be carried out from this dialog:
• Create a new point of interest.
• Import points of interest in KMZ, KML or text format:
• Open all points of interest.
• Delete all points of interest.
• Export all points of interest to a KMZ file.
• Open filtered points of interest. If no filter has been applied, it will apply to all points of interest.
• Delete filtered points of interest. If no filter has been applied, it will apply to all points of interest.
• Generate a .kmz file with the filtered points of interest. If no filter has been applied, it will apply to all points of interest.
In addition, for each POI shown in the table the following actions can be performed:
• Open point of interest.
• Open the properties dialog of the point of interest.
• Delete point of interest.